Here are some tips for making sure your preschooler is not inactive too often:
- Limit TV and screen time to less than 2 hours daily, as recommended by theAmericanAcademy of Pediatrics.
- Try to make inactive time reading time rather than TV time.
- Quiet time is best before naps or bed.
- After 60 minutes of inactivity (such as watching TV) have your child get up and do something active for a while.
- Avoid having the TV on during mealtimes.
- Only put TVs in family rooms. Don't put a TV in your child's bedroom. This helps your preschooler spend less time watching TV.
To read more on this please click on the link: