What if I don't like reading?
- Tell stories about your own life or when you were young
- Talk about the print that is in your environment. For example, read and talk about road signs or brand names on food containers
- Check out books of photography or art and talk about the pictures
- Involve your child in everyday writing tasks like shopping lists, thank you notes
- When you are doing household projects, describe what you are doing. Use interesting words!
- Ask your child about his day. Engage in conversation that extends simple sentences
Walk the walk