1. Don’t be fooled by the big letters in front of packages of food. Look for letters on the food label instead.
2. Remember: the first ingredient is always the biggest.
3. Avoid partially hydrogenated oil and high fructose corn syrup.
4. Fiber is your friend, so look for whole grain imposters! High-grain fiber products have to be at least 2 grams of fiber per 100 calories
5. Avoid foods with long ingredient lists! Shorter ingredient lists tend to be more wholesome.
6. Use these tips the next time you are in a grocery store!
Here is a link to some examples of what an activity burst looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjKJgvUoK28
For more VITAHLS information
Phone: 203-732-1265, ext. 305